Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hot Beef

Nothing Better than a hot meal ready when you arrive at home.  This recipe is courtesy of my dear friend Jayne T.  She told me it was amazing and I couldn't have been more thrilled with how simple it is to prepare and how incredible it tastes!

Ingredients:
Roast
French Onion Soup
Can of Beer (heavy is recommended, but it works with lite)
Meat Marinade
Garlic for extra seasoning (I have forgotten this before and it still tastes great.)

Instructions
Place all ingredients into a slow cooker first thing in the morning.
Add water to cover entire roast.
Set slow cooker to high.
The longer it cooks the better on this one. I usually average about 12 hours.



 I place the entire roast into a 9" x 13" pan and shred, adding the juice after to keep moist.

What is really fantastic about this dinner is the variety of combinations.
Sandwhiches, Rice, Potatoes....any combination works well with this moist roast.
Even better, they ate everything and had seconds of steamed broccoli!

My son loves his bread so he opted for a hot beef sandwhich.

Bella is a rice girl.  Perfect dinner to accomodate both their tastes.


Depending on the size of the roast and the size of your family you will have left overs. I keep some of this in the refrigerator for sandwhiches or a quick dinner and then freeze two to three packages (dinner size) to use later.  I add a small amount of the juice to keep it moist when reheated.  It defrosts and reheats extremely well and makes a great quick dinner paired with a steamer bag of veggies and some fruit.  Love it!!!  I can't thank Jayne enough for introducing me to this great recipe!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment