Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 3

Day 3 started off a little rough with my five year old throwing a tempertantrum over her cloths not "feeling" right.  Her "sock issue" has expanded to underwear, pants, shirts, and even shoes.  Oh my, what a way to start the day.

Picked up my son from school, stopped by the store and home to make dinner and have some together time.  Unfortunately, my daughter's attitude regressed and she had an early dinner and went to bed.  The only positive to come out of this was my one on one time with my son which I believe every child needs with their parents.  :)

My sweet seven year old brought me his walkathon papers with three dollar bills already inside.  He told me that he wants to donate his money from the tooth fairy to people who need it more.  I was so impressed with my little boy. How kind and generous.  I asked him if he wanted to call some of our family to see if they would pledge any money for his walkathon.  He adamantly told me "No, it is very wrong to just ASK people for money."  He said he would do "kind" things for people without them asking and then he would earn money and give that to the walkathon charity.  His first call was to his Grams.  After a very long, detailed explanation of the walkathon he asked if he could come clean her living room. She of course said yes and asked if it would be okay to give him $5.  He thought about this for a second and told her he thought $4 would be better.  My sweet, sweet boy! 

We had tickle time and cuddle time before bed.  It was truly an awesome day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment