Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 2

Yesterday was Day 2....Valentine's Day.  We had a such a peaceful laid back morning.  The dogs woke us all up at 5:15 so there was plenty of time to get ready for our day. In addition to Valentine's Day parties my seven year old had a field trip to see a musical. 

I'm not a fan of chocolate and candy for my kids.  They get enough of that from school valentine's cards.  I usually opt for something "reuseable" such as plates or glasses. I gave the kids each a special little box, a spiderman tool box for my son and a Hello Kitty "purse" for my daughter and a Dr. Seuss movie to enjoy later in the week.  They loved having a new place to store their treasures which range from small squishy balls and Squinkies to cars and flashlights. They also each received their own special cup. (Dual purpose, having their own cup also makes it easier than both kids insisting they get the "yellow" cup.)

It may only be day 2, but I think all of us are enjoying our quality time together!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment