Monday, January 30, 2012

Egg Muffins

I found the original post on Pinterest and when I googled found several other related links. This idea was brilliant and I don't want to forget it so I am posting it here.  The real surprise is that both my kids loved the egg muffins AND they reheat beautifully!!

Egg Muffins - According to my math (based on product packaging) two of these have approximately 175 calories, 10g fat, 2.5 carbs, and 19g protein. I made mine with 8 egg whites, 4 full eggs, some diced ham, and shredded cheese.  They are fantastic!  I did go out and buy the silicone muffin cups to eliminate the paper cups.  A quick minute in the microwave to reheat and they are ready for a quick, healthy breakfast.  You can also add vegetables or other omelet items to create your own perfect egg muffin. Baked at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment