Monday, January 23, 2012

Cake Pops

I have seen all of the beautiful cake pops and got sucked in on Black Friday and bought myself a cake pop machine. My first attempt with a regular box of Pillsbury Confetti Cake was a good learning experience.  The kids LOVED the cake pop bites.  What wonderful little treat to be able to grab a little ball of cake.  The actual "cake pop" process did not go as smoothly as I had envisioned.  The cake was so light that the sticks did not want to stay in the cake. The cake tried falling into the frosting. The frosting did not "gracefully" coat the cake. (Yes, I am blaming the cake, sticks, and frosting for the failed attempt.)  I made four and gave up dumping the frosting onto the rest of the balls of cake.  Edible, but not a pretty sight.

Cake Pops Take 2

My son loved the cake pops so much he asked me to make these for his birthday as treats for his friends. Oh my goodness, game on. I decided to cheat and make brownie pops hoping that the thickness of the batter would grasp the stick better and actually hold on.  It worked and they were delicious.  Still not a perfect attempt, but so much better the second time around. 

Brownies cooling.
 Dip the stick in white chocolate before placing in brownie.
 First set with frosting.
 Second set with frosting. (I recommend buying or making two drying trays as not all cake pops will stand up straight. I was holding the last four wondering where to put them in order to dry.)
 Finished, wrapped with ribbon and a school picture with a few left over.


No comments:

Post a Comment